none
How to find Microsoft .NET for uninstalling?

Question

• Hello,

My AutoCAD software stopped working last week,

The message:

"Microsoft .NET 4.5 is not installed"

I go through the process to find the program "Microsoft .NET" in my Control Panel/Program Features, I do not see "Microsoft .NET" of any version.

I go to install the program "Microsoft .NET", the message comes up "You can not install this program because Microsoft .NET 4.5 or higher version already exist".

Please help.

Thanks

Friday, February 17, 2017 10:48 PM

Answers

• Better to ask autocad about the issue.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/Discussions-Page

or if you think windows is broken I'd ask over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, February 17, 2017 10:54 PM
  • Apparently something happened to your system prior to trying to run AutoCAD last week if AutoCAD was working before.

However you should find an appropriate Forum to ask about issue with your OS probably. Which forum that would be I do not know.

My control panel displays various .Net Framework as being installed.

For Windows 10, possibly Windows 8 and 8.1, .Net Framework is part of the OS to my knowledge. Therefore it may not appear in Control Panel. On Windows 7 that is not so.

For Windows 10, possibly Windows 8 and 8.1 if .Net Framework is part of their OS, you probably can not remove and reinstall the .Net Framework that comes as part of the OS. Plus if no .Net Framework was on the system numerous programs probably would not run, maybe even the OS would not run for all I know.

Perhaps your OS received an update that caused this issue. Or perhaps if AutoCAD performs updates it received an update causing the issue. Or perhaps somebody went on your system and altered something causing the issue. Maybe virus or something caused the issue. Nobody here can know really.

Have you bothered going to AutoCAD forum, explaining which OS you have, which AutoCAD you have and ask what the possible issue may be?

Below image is from Windows 7 PC.

La vida loca

Friday, February 17, 2017 11:00 PM

All replies

• Better to ask autocad about the issue.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/Discussions-Page

or if you think windows is broken I'd ask over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, February 17, 2017 10:54 PM
  • Apparently something happened to your system prior to trying to run AutoCAD last week if AutoCAD was working before.

However you should find an appropriate Forum to ask about issue with your OS probably. Which forum that would be I do not know.

My control panel displays various .Net Framework as being installed.

For Windows 10, possibly Windows 8 and 8.1, .Net Framework is part of the OS to my knowledge. Therefore it may not appear in Control Panel. On Windows 7 that is not so.

For Windows 10, possibly Windows 8 and 8.1 if .Net Framework is part of their OS, you probably can not remove and reinstall the .Net Framework that comes as part of the OS. Plus if no .Net Framework was on the system numerous programs probably would not run, maybe even the OS would not run for all I know.

Perhaps your OS received an update that caused this issue. Or perhaps if AutoCAD performs updates it received an update causing the issue. Or perhaps somebody went on your system and altered something causing the issue. Maybe virus or something caused the issue. Nobody here can know really.

Have you bothered going to AutoCAD forum, explaining which OS you have, which AutoCAD you have and ask what the possible issue may be?

Below image is from Windows 7 PC.

La vida loca

Friday, February 17, 2017 11:00 PM