Can't get direct access to server since changing to Windows 7 64bit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I had no problems accessing the Windows home server off my network when operating in W7 32bit. Having anstalled new kie I can access the server via the WHS Console but not via the 'My Computer' / open file route directly. The only difference I am aware of with the new kit apart from hardware performance is the OS in W7 64bit. Is this the issue or have I messed up in the reinstallation process?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Deesale

Saturday, July 5, 2014 10:14 AM

All replies

• The usual questions:

• Username/Password identical to that in the console? A renamed user account on the client machine is not identical.
    • Date, time, time zone are identical too?
    • Which error message do you get?
    • Works Start/Run/ (hotkey Win+R) \\servername\sharename?

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Monday, July 7, 2014 6:41 AM
  • I'm going to weigh in here, on a possibly similar situation. My WHS has been running a long time with very little problem. Now after a manual shutdown due to impending power failure. After rebooting the next day streaming video resumed as normal. However I was going to add some media and I can no longer access any of the shares on the network that I previously have used. Both my Windows 7 machines can see the WHS but fail to login. This all happened about July 6th or 7th. I can access the Admin account with rdp. The account I use on both computers is the same username and password, and until now has been a seamless experience. 

I think these events may be related. Any ideas?

Friday, July 18, 2014 12:43 AM