Email new Lead owener RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to build this new process in CRM 2011, but I can't seem to figure out how to build the correct steps. When we assign a new lead to a rep I want the crm to send the new rep an email telling them they have a new lead assigned to them. Seems simple enough, but I can't seem to figure out the logic here. Was thinking when the owner changes send an email. Anybody have some process steps?
    Monday, August 15, 2011 3:32 PM

Answers

• When you design your process, set the trigger as "When record is assigned" only, so it will trigger each time that the lead is assigned.

Then you can insert a "Send Email" step and in the TO field you can select Owner{Lead} so the email will be sent to the new owner. I think that should solve your scenario

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Monday, August 15, 2011 3:36 PM

All replies

• When you design your process, set the trigger as "When record is assigned" only, so it will trigger each time that the lead is assigned.

Then you can insert a "Send Email" step and in the TO field you can select Owner{Lead} so the email will be sent to the new owner. I think that should solve your scenario

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Monday, August 15, 2011 3:36 PM
  • That worked. I was able to get the {Owner(Lead)} to show up once I used the Dynamci values to insert the code (wouldn't take it when I typed it myself). Thanks for the help setting the trigger was the key.
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 3:20 PM