CRM 2011 - QualifyLead plugin not firing after Lead status set to "Qualified" RRS feed

• Question

• I have a plugin (PostLeadUpdate) that that sets a lead's status to "qualified" based on a number of in-house business rules.  But when this occurs it does not fire off a QualifyLead plugin.  What is required to get the QualifyLead plugin to fire? Apparently there is more to this than just setting the lead status to "qualified".

I do not want CRM to handle the qualification process and I want to handle this myself and create the contact record manually.  But I still need the QualifyLead plugin to fire. Should I try to create and execute a QualifyLeadRequest and set it to not create the opportunity, contact, and account?  I am creating those myself, so I cannot allow CRM to do that.  But if this is the only way to fire off the Qualifylead plugin, maybe it is my only option.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Jon Gregory Rothlander

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 3:45 PM

Answers

• Your "QualifyLead plugin" will need to be registered on SetState and SetStateDynamicEntity of Lead.

You also need to make sure you're getting the State/Status from the InputParameters, as there is no 'Target' etc.

And make sure you're not checking the plugin Depth is not > 1 etc, as you said you're triggering this plugin from another one, so the depth will be at least 2.

There should be no reason your plugin is not firing otherwise.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

• Marked as answer by jonrothlander Thursday, April 10, 2014 3:15 PM
    Wednesday, April 9, 2014 5:03 AM
  • You would have to go back to the original developer of the plugin to see how it's getting fired, and if possible get the source code.

Or if they provided any documentation it may describe how it's working.

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 9:07 PM

All replies

• Your "QualifyLead plugin" will need to be registered on SetState and SetStateDynamicEntity of Lead.

You also need to make sure you're getting the State/Status from the InputParameters, as there is no 'Target' etc.

And make sure you're not checking the plugin Depth is not > 1 etc, as you said you're triggering this plugin from another one, so the depth will be at least 2.

There should be no reason your plugin is not firing otherwise.

Hope that helps

Paul

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 5:03 AM
  • Paul,

Thanks for your suggestions.  I wanted to point out that the QualifyLead plugin is not mine.  It's from a thrid party company that we use for email campaigns.  So when I run the out-of-the-box qualify this third party plugin fires.  But when I run my custom qualify and runs my UpdateLead plugin, it does not fire the third party's Qualifylead plugin.  Other than this plugin not firing, everything in my custom qualify seems to be working exactly the same as the out-of-box except of course where my custom logic runs.  I'm hoping there's not anything on their side preventing it from running. 

I'm still pretty new to CRM and have only been working with it for a few months.  So I have plenty of things to figure out.  For example, I did not know you can control the plugin depth.  That is interesting and I will dig into that.  Hopefully the third party did not code it for only a depth of 1!  I suspect that would block me.  Thanks for suggesting it.  The company that wrote this thrid party code, they did let me know that they are only using a QualifyLead plugin and nothing more.  So SetState and SetStateDynamicEntity should not come into play, at least they didn't use it so I have to work around that. 

In summary, whatever it takes to fire off the QualifyLead plugin, I need to do that in my code.  I thought just setting a lead status to qualifiy would do that.  Apparently not. So I am considering firing the qualify lead request from my code and just telling it to not create any of the new records... and see what happens.

Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreicated.

Best regards,

Jon Rothlander

Jon Gregory Rothlander

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 2:23 PM
  • You would have to go back to the original developer of the plugin to see how it's getting fired, and if possible get the source code.

Or if they provided any documentation it may describe how it's working.

Paul

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 9:07 PM
  • Yeah, that is what I was thinking.  I emailed them yesterday.  Hopefully they will come through for me!

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Much appreciated! 

Best regards,

Jon

Jon Gregory Rothlander

Thursday, April 10, 2014 3:15 PM