Worse Day in WLOC History RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hey bad news Mikro Machine My main computer running Windows Vista Died today It fried a power supply.

All though I got a new power supply on the way Will wloc get messed up because it's not been online in a few days ? the defs will be out dated and way out of date I was worried it might be messed up.

Sunday, March 16, 2008 12:44 AM

All replies

• Sorry to read about the toasted power supply. As long as it died before your booted and didn't fry anything else, OneCare will simply update itself after you get online once again. It may report being out of date if it was longer than 10 days since the last successful check for updates, but once you connect, it will update and get back to green.

-steve

Monday, March 17, 2008 1:26 PM
  • I got a 200mhz windows xp 768mbs of ram My system 2 that's working pretty good for a 1998 computer It's running wloc and other windows live apps pretty good although it's slow start up once it gets going it runs great.

Monday, March 17, 2008 1:32 PM
  • The Day Has Come My Big Vista running System is Alive and Kicking WLOC one Care was frustrated for a few minutes but finally enough band width opened up as all the apps and servers were syncing back up I think I dang near melted the network cable. Any ways

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 10:32 PM
  •  

Good to read, Mikro. Glad that the cable didn't melt.  I know you'll be tempted to go to Vista SP1 right away now, so my advice is to consider disabling OneCare a/v protection while you install it....

-steve

Thursday, March 20, 2008 2:00 AM
  • I had no Issues SP1 installs in the Windows Setup enviorment so no issues because nothing running but Windows setup at the time install and configured

PS: I used the Massive Stand Alone Everything installer.

The sucker comes in at a whoopping 445MBs 

or 445,000Kbs Rounding it off of course

Thursday, March 20, 2008 2:36 PM