CRM2013: Accidentally deleted managed JS Web Resources from the Default Solution RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I accidentally deleted managed JavaScript Web Resources from the Default Solution located in the folder "/msdyn_/", like CrmSoapServiceProxy.js and others. These are needed by the CRM System and now my forms won't work anymore, reporting Error 500 Internal Server Error when it tries to load those Web Resources.

I used an extension for Visual Studio 2013 called "CRM Solution Manager" which downloaded those files into my project. When I noticed this, I removed them from the Project. In the popup following the removal, I clicked that it should NOT delete these JS files from the CRM Server. When I published my whole Project to my on-premise CRM server, it seemingly deleted those files anyway. The Web Resources are still listed unter Settings > Customization > Web Resources, but when I try to access the files via the browser (e.g. http://myCrm/WebResources/msdyn_/CrmSoapServiceProxy.js) it cannot find them (this approach works fine for other managed Web Resources).

I got copies of the missing files, which I tried to reupload and publish using the CRM Solution Manager, but it's no good. I guess this is since you cannot publish managed Web Resources.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks for any help in advance,
    Michael

Friday, March 14, 2014 1:11 PM

All replies

• Can you open the resource Form in CRM? It's the step before opening the actual resource, when you can set the resource type and name.

At the bottom there's a link, if you click on that and cannot find the resource it means the physical file have been removed.

You will need to get those files from another installation (with the same rollup)

Saturday, March 15, 2014 10:13 AM
  • When I try to access the file via the link I get an Internal Server Error 500, which means the files are indeed physically removed.

How can I restore them? As far as I know, Web Resources are stored in the database. Does this mean I have to restore the whole database from a backup?

Thanks for your reply,
    Michael

Monday, March 17, 2014 6:58 AM
  • can you just re-install the Managed Solution?  msdyn_ sounds like Connector.
    Monday, March 17, 2014 7:24 PM
  • We already opted to restore the database from a backup, so I can't test it anymore. We tried some time ago to import a solution containing one of the files that were missing, but that did not work out.

Maybe it will work if you export the whole default solution from a fresh installation (if that's possible) and import it in the damaged system.

Anyway, thank you all for your help.

Best regards,
    Michael

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:16 AM