Help for re-installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Few months ago, I installed my "office 2003" but due to some reason, I have to reformat my drive. Now , I can't install it. It's "autorun" is not working and is not being installed again.

Anyone who can help me in this regard.

Thanks in anticipation.

Friday, May 4, 2007 9:10 PM

Answers

• Dr. Hashmi,

I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would like to provide you with some self-help options we have made available for our customers to address the issue you are currently experiencing. Please follow the steps outlined below as it could either resolve your issue or, if need be, provide us with additional information to determine the cause of this issue.

1. Ensure you log onto the computer experiencing the issue with “Administrator” rights.
    2. Next we would like to confirm that you are running the most current version of the Genuine Advantage control on your computer. In order to do this please follow the below link and choose the “Validate Office” option.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

If the above steps did not resolve your issue lets continue with the steps below.

I would like to provide some of the self-help options we have made available for our customers to address these issues. If you could please follow the steps outlined below the diagnostics Web Site will attempt to resolve the validation errors you are experiencing with Office.
    http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/diag/RunDiags.aspx?displayLang=en

Next follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue if any of the checks at the above site fail. You can do this by choosing the “Resolve Now” button if it appears. If, after attempting to resolve the issue as per the instructions on the above site fails, please refer to the link below and run the MGA Diagnostics tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run” the tool and follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an “Internet Explorer-Security Warning” dialog box for the “Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool”; you must choose to “Run” this tool when prompted.

Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose “Continue” to run the diagnostic report. If the “RESOLVE” button is available after running the diagnostics, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool to attempt a repair.

1. After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the “Windows” tab and then click on “Copy”.
    2. Please return to this post and “Paste” the results here for additional review.

If the issue still has not been resolved could you please provide us with the following information?

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Friday, May 4, 2007 9:20 PM
  • Dr. Hashmi,

You will have to set your CD-Rom drive to auto run which should have been done automatically after reformatting the computer. Another thing to check for is the boot sequence within your BIOS boot screen. Set the hard drive to boot first then the CD-Rom.  This will allow your computer to boot faster. Please check with who reformatted the system for guidance. Also you can click on My Computer, locate the CD Rom drive where Office is located and locate the icon called setup. Also there should be a txt file located on the CD ROM. Have a great weekend. 

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Friday, May 4, 2007 9:25 PM
  • Dear Stephen,

I tried every step per your advice but nothing worked. Even MegaDiagonistic did not show any problem to " Resolve". It was ok.

I am just thinking if change in IP address can create this problem? I got this CD of 2003 and installed Office 2003. Then I have to move somewhere else but my ISP is same.

Another finding is that when I insert CD in drive, after couple of minutes, I receive message of " NOt responding" and then it jams my desktop and when I take the CD out of drive, everything starts working.

My office is genuine and I even had perfomed the validation test before.

Anyhow, Now I have installed rather downloaded the Office 07 (trial version) but still want to download genuine Office 03 (Professional)

Thanks for reply and your efforts for help. I really appreciate it.

With Regards:

Dr. Hashmi

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 4:45 PM
  • Dr Hashmi,

Please re-run the diagnostic test and post here in our forum the results. This will allow our team to analyze your situation and attempt to provide an answer. 

Thank you very much.

Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 10:54 PM

All replies

• Dr. Hashmi,

I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would like to provide you with some self-help options we have made available for our customers to address the issue you are currently experiencing. Please follow the steps outlined below as it could either resolve your issue or, if need be, provide us with additional information to determine the cause of this issue.

1. Ensure you log onto the computer experiencing the issue with “Administrator” rights.
    2. Next we would like to confirm that you are running the most current version of the Genuine Advantage control on your computer. In order to do this please follow the below link and choose the “Validate Office” option.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

If the above steps did not resolve your issue lets continue with the steps below.

I would like to provide some of the self-help options we have made available for our customers to address these issues. If you could please follow the steps outlined below the diagnostics Web Site will attempt to resolve the validation errors you are experiencing with Office.
    http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/diag/RunDiags.aspx?displayLang=en

Next follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue if any of the checks at the above site fail. You can do this by choosing the “Resolve Now” button if it appears. If, after attempting to resolve the issue as per the instructions on the above site fails, please refer to the link below and run the MGA Diagnostics tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run” the tool and follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an “Internet Explorer-Security Warning” dialog box for the “Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool”; you must choose to “Run” this tool when prompted.

Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose “Continue” to run the diagnostic report. If the “RESOLVE” button is available after running the diagnostics, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool to attempt a repair.

1. After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the “Windows” tab and then click on “Copy”.
    2. Please return to this post and “Paste” the results here for additional review.

If the issue still has not been resolved could you please provide us with the following information?

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Friday, May 4, 2007 9:20 PM
  • Dr. Hashmi,

You will have to set your CD-Rom drive to auto run which should have been done automatically after reformatting the computer. Another thing to check for is the boot sequence within your BIOS boot screen. Set the hard drive to boot first then the CD-Rom.  This will allow your computer to boot faster. Please check with who reformatted the system for guidance. Also you can click on My Computer, locate the CD Rom drive where Office is located and locate the icon called setup. Also there should be a txt file located on the CD ROM. Have a great weekend. 

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Friday, May 4, 2007 9:25 PM
  • Dear Stephen,

I tried every step per your advice but nothing worked. Even MegaDiagonistic did not show any problem to " Resolve". It was ok.

I am just thinking if change in IP address can create this problem? I got this CD of 2003 and installed Office 2003. Then I have to move somewhere else but my ISP is same.

Another finding is that when I insert CD in drive, after couple of minutes, I receive message of " NOt responding" and then it jams my desktop and when I take the CD out of drive, everything starts working.

My office is genuine and I even had perfomed the validation test before.

Anyhow, Now I have installed rather downloaded the Office 07 (trial version) but still want to download genuine Office 03 (Professional)

Thanks for reply and your efforts for help. I really appreciate it.

With Regards:

Dr. Hashmi

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 4:45 PM
  • Dr Hashmi,

Please re-run the diagnostic test and post here in our forum the results. This will allow our team to analyze your situation and attempt to provide an answer. 

Thank you very much.

Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 10:54 PM