This is really getting me down .... RRS feed

• Question

• I got the windows live One care trial and after the 90 days decided to upgrade and pay for it as i loved the application. Since i have no credit card i ended putting in my bank details for a direct debit to be set up - that was back in June. On 15th September i recieved a e-mail from Microsoft stating that my payment was unsuccessful and my subscription would be cancelled in 30 days if i did not sort this problem out. I thought it was odd since i had money in the account to cover the subscription fees and hadn't seen anything come out of my account so i rang my bank to check. My bank confirmed that there was NO direct debit set up on my account for Microsoft in any shape way or form. So i did an update my payment detials - re-entered my CORRECT bank details (thinking it was me that had entered them wrong) and set another direct debit up, surely enough 2 days later my subscription said it was fine - so i carried on as usual.

2 days ago on the 2nd October i recieve yet another e-mail from Microsoft stating that my subscription was overdue and my account was being canceled. I again contacted my bank who informed me NO direct debit was set up on my account for Microsoft.

I have tried for over 2 days to be able to find my way around this stupidly built site to speak to ANYBODY about this issue and all i get to is forums, blogs and a help page that just doesn't want to load - http://help.live.com just seems to redirect over and over and over till it reaches it's URL limit. I've turned cookies on - i've turned cookies off - i've turned my firewall off and i've even connect my PC directly to the internet and nothing seems to bring that all important URL address up that's suppost to be my point of contact with the Windows Live OneCare group to sort my subscription out.

I'm so fed up of all this messing and mucking about with you that i'm not even sure if i want my subscription sorted out even if i do love the application. Your customer service website is atrousious and being a web designer myself i think the navagation on this site certainly needs looking at.

SO PLEASE can i have an e-mail address, a phone number or SOMETHING so i can speak to ANYONE about this problem before i pull my hair out .....

Jeni

jeni_1983@hotmail.com

Saturday, October 4, 2008 4:19 PM

Answers

• Jeni,

As I recall there is no provision with Microsoft Billing for a Debit only card, you must use a Credit Card. If your card does also provide for use as a Credit Card, make certain that you are entering the additional three or four digit code required to authorize its use.

I have personally used a Debit Card which includes Credit Card functionality in the past, so I know this option can work. There are other possible issues with how this information is entered such as punctuation or dashes, but these will generally display an error if they are done incorrectly.

The other option is to purchase a box copy of OneCare either online or from a store, sometimes even at a discount, and then use the 25 character key (PIN) inside the package to activate your subscription. No reinstall is required in this case, just use the PIN as payment.

OneCareBear

Sunday, October 5, 2008 5:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Jeni

Try the Windows Live OneCare Help Center found here http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/support/default.htm?keyword=supportsite and you should find  a phone number.

chuck

Saturday, October 4, 2008 9:52 PM
  • Jeni,

As I recall there is no provision with Microsoft Billing for a Debit only card, you must use a Credit Card. If your card does also provide for use as a Credit Card, make certain that you are entering the additional three or four digit code required to authorize its use.

I have personally used a Debit Card which includes Credit Card functionality in the past, so I know this option can work. There are other possible issues with how this information is entered such as punctuation or dashes, but these will generally display an error if they are done incorrectly.

The other option is to purchase a box copy of OneCare either online or from a store, sometimes even at a discount, and then use the 25 character key (PIN) inside the package to activate your subscription. No reinstall is required in this case, just use the PIN as payment.

OneCareBear

Sunday, October 5, 2008 5:30 AM