WHS Console errors (HomeServerConsoleTab.People.dll) RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I've started to get the following error when trying to open the WHS Console:

The Windows Home Server console cannot open because the following file is blocking it:
    HomeServerConsoleTab.People.dll

Do you want to open Console without this file?

If you click Yes, the Console may start without a feature that is associated with this file. If you click No, the Console will try to open again, using this file.

Selections: Yes or No

When I click Yes the console opens and functions normally but
    If I click NO then I get the following:

Windows home Server detected that the logon name of the Administrator account changed. The Windows Home Server Console must close. You must log on again for the console to start.

None of the clients can connect to console. :(

I barely use my WHS for anything but backup so normally I don't mess with anything on it.

In the last few days I did install the latest Windows updates (.Net 3.5, which was uninstalled already) and WAS trying to fix my RD when I was logging into the website there was NO options to RD to any client PC even though they were available.

To fix RD I was just disabling RD for my account and then added a new account as a test.

I NEVER messed with anything under Administrator's account.

Any options for me besides reloading the OS?

Thanks!

Friday, February 27, 2009 12:40 PM

All replies

• Dimitri Z said:

Recently I've started to get the following error when trying to open the WHS Console:

The Windows Home Server console cannot open because the following file is blocking it:
    HomeServerConsoleTab.People.dll

Do you want to open Console without this file?

If you click Yes, the Console may start without a feature that is associated with this file. If you click No, the Console will try to open again, using this file.

Selections: Yes or No

When I click Yes the console opens and functions normally but
    If I click NO then I get the following:

Windows home Server detected that the logon name of the Administrator account changed. The Windows Home Server Console must close. You must log on again for the console to start.

None of the clients can connect to console. :(

I barely use my WHS for anything but backup so normally I don't mess with anything on it.

In the last few days I did install the latest Windows updates (.Net 3.5, which was uninstalled already) and WAS trying to fix my RD when I was logging into the website there was NO options to RD to any client PC even though they were available.

To fix RD I was just disabling RD for my account and then added a new account as a test.

I NEVER messed with anything under Administrator's account.

Any options for me besides reloading the OS?

Thanks!

Where did you make the changes to the accounts?
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Friday, February 27, 2009 9:17 PM
  • Hi Lara,

I only make changes through the console on the server itself.
    Interesting thing (if not related) I had to open port 3389 on my firewall as that was the only way I could connect remotely to the server. (I was at work at that time.., working hard.., no doubt, lol)

Thanks
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 4:58 AM