Unable to initialize the client database...ERROR RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting the following error when attempting a sync:

Synchronizing the database failed with the message:
    'Unable to initialize the client database, because the schema for table ...[list of tables]... could not be retrieved by the Getschema() method of DvServerSyncProvider.

I have an install of Visual Studio 2008, no previous versions or updates, other than VS 2008 SP1.  I am connecting to a SQL Server 2008 database (and therefore also have the VS connectivity patch for SQl Server 2008). I have not touched any other files (reference.cs, etc).

Since my PC environment is so straightforward and I am using a simple sync scenario (with the wizard) I am surprised I have not seen more references to this error (i.e. simple vs2008 install with SP1 using sync wizard).

Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated.

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 11:21 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Friday, June 6, 2008 12:45 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Folks,

has the issue been resolved ? all you guys are right. any problem that will cause the app to run a query to get the schemaDataSet from the backend sql server could result in the exception. so checking all the points from the app to the backend sql server will help to narrow down this error.

thanks

Yunwen

Friday, June 27, 2008 10:14 PM

All replies