product key valadastion RRS feed

• Question

• I bought the computer from fea market had it a while after i got used to it idid arepair and used the cd i got with the computer , after i got done i found out that my media player needed updated  hten it said i needed to valadate but it wouldn't do it then they asked me if the last four #'s mached and it did then they told me it wasn;t from microsoft whats up whith that ?what do i do i'm on a fixed income and it isn't much please help!

You can email me @ sage7208@hotmail.com thank you
    Wednesday, November 21, 2007 11:51 AM

Answers

• Hello Sage Brush,

Please run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and provide us with the results back in this forum link. This will allow us to analyze your particual situation so we may formulate an answer. Please download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:

1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 8:54 PM