outlook help RRS feed

• Question

• hi....guys
    i want to know that how to configure my email using Outlook Express.
    i have "rediffmail" & "Gmail" account..i just want to know that how to configure Outlook Express so that i can send & receive messages from these accounts using Outlook express, e.g what to write in the "incoming & outgoing mail server box"...plz any1 help me with this.

thank you all.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 1:44 PM

Answers

• its easy

create a new account in tools

the incoming server for gmail is pop.gmail.com and for rediff please check it out in the options in rediff.you have to selet global inbox during setup.u will have only one outgoing server but multiple incoming.you will have to change incoming port to 995 for both gmail and rediff and outgoing as 587.it is somewhat similar to all mail clients .actually i would advice mozilla thunder bird rather than outlook exp. 

so go ahead anu more info will be availabe in options of gmailand rediff.go into pop settings.

and wait u will have to enable pop acess in both rediff and gmail or else they wont work.

see its easy

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 1:55 PM
  • hi,

for configuring gmail with outlook u can use this: http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et040605.htm

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 3:02 PM

All replies

• its easy

create a new account in tools

the incoming server for gmail is pop.gmail.com and for rediff please check it out in the options in rediff.you have to selet global inbox during setup.u will have only one outgoing server but multiple incoming.you will have to change incoming port to 995 for both gmail and rediff and outgoing as 587.it is somewhat similar to all mail clients .actually i would advice mozilla thunder bird rather than outlook exp. 

so go ahead anu more info will be availabe in options of gmailand rediff.go into pop settings.

and wait u will have to enable pop acess in both rediff and gmail or else they wont work.

see its easy

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 1:55 PM
  • hi,

for configuring gmail with outlook u can use this: http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et040605.htm

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 3:02 PM