.Net Windows Desktop Application closes (crash) RRS feed

• Question

• Sometime our .net windows application closes automatically on Windows 10 OS.

This issue does not occur in Windows 7 OS, but frequently occurs in Windows 10.

In the event viewer it logs as 

Application: Fusion.Interface.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 7565BB7B

Sources: .NET Runtime

Event ID : 1026

Please provide solution for this,

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 1:08 AM

Answers

• According to your description, your problem may related to Windows 10.

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support

I don't think it is a Windows 10 error. Unhandled exceptions are thrown because something is wrong in the source code or the used libraries.

Accordingly to the OP: you should ask in the .net Forum https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?category=netdevelopment

But I think you asked there already and you were moved to Where-Is-Forum. You must examine where the error occurs. The stack output in the error description is a hint where the error in your source code appears. You should provide the stack output in your question.

Regards, Guido

Edit: create a dump file and use for example WinDbg to examine the problem in your source code.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 9:37 AM
  • Hi Sailaja Gar.

The exception code indicates a memory access violation: you should try generating a memory dump file and use WinDbg to examine it.
    I would also suggest you to ask this question in a MSDN .NET Development Forum.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 10:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Sailaja Gar,

Thank you for posting here.

According to your description, your problem may related to Windows 10.

I have moved the thread to Where is the forum for forum which can help you find correct forum to go ask questions.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 8:54 AM
  • According to your description, your problem may related to Windows 10.

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support

I don't think it is a Windows 10 error. Unhandled exceptions are thrown because something is wrong in the source code or the used libraries.

Accordingly to the OP: you should ask in the .net Forum https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?category=netdevelopment

But I think you asked there already and you were moved to Where-Is-Forum. You must examine where the error occurs. The stack output in the error description is a hint where the error in your source code appears. You should provide the stack output in your question.

Regards, Guido

Edit: create a dump file and use for example WinDbg to examine the problem in your source code.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 9:37 AM
  • Hi Sailaja Gar.

The exception code indicates a memory access violation: you should try generating a memory dump file and use WinDbg to examine it.
    I would also suggest you to ask this question in a MSDN .NET Development Forum.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 10:32 AM
  • Thank you for the reponse.

Can you help me where should I get stack output for this error?

Sailaja

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 4:59 PM