Trying to use Money on 2 laptops... RRS feed

• Question

• I am a long long time Money addict (my files, which were migrated from Quicken, go back to 1993!). Recently I've switched to everything being in Gdrive, so I have a laptop at home and work and don't have to carry anything around. <g class="gr_ gr_403 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="403" id="403">Money</g> however, even with the program Sunset fully installed, doesn't seem to like this. Is there a way to have the data file true on both computers?
    Sunday, December 3, 2017 4:49 PM

All replies

• Well I'm not sure it is particularly helpful but I have my *.mny files on Onedrive. If I am offsite and use my laptop it accesses the file just fine. However, when it saves them it names it "msmoney_brandoflaptop", so I merely use it for checking stuff and the heavy work waits until I access my PC. Experts here have advised against cloud drives as they sometimes don't work.

Dr AS

Sunday, December 3, 2017 5:51 PM
  • You could set up a batch file to copy the Onedrive file to a local file, start Money, and after Money closes, copy the modified Money file back to Onedrive.

Do you consider these computers secure enough? If not, the local copies could be in an encrypted virtual drive, or you could use a long-enough password on the Money files.

I would have the backups go to each local computer (in the encrypted drive or not, as appropriate), or at least have the scheduled backups that way.

Monday, December 4, 2017 6:26 PM