Edit, Approve & Reject buttons not working! RRS feed

• Question

• I have applied the Bing Translation Widget to a number of pages on a website. In the majority of cases it works very well. There are a couple of situations where I am unable to approve the correct translation, or indeed edit or reject incorrect entries. Whilst trying to fix the problem a couple of random charters or dots were added to the list that may have contributed to confuse the system. Is it possible that a specific string of text has become corrupt (maybe on the Bing server) and hence the administrator is locked out of making the correct default?

Any advice would be most welcome.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 12:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Steve,

Unfortunately this is a known bug we're currently working on fixing. We don't have an ETA yet on when it will be available but we'll post an announcement on this forum when it does.

In a meantime a (arguably cumbersome) workaround is for you to approve these changes from the webpage approval menu itself vs. the admin tool:

1) select by hovering on the text the one you want to approve

2) approve from the page, while signed-in as an admin

Olivier

Microsoft Translator team - www.microsoft.com/Translator

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 4:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

the administrator is authenticated by the Microsoft Account login. To log in, click the TRANSLATE button and then choose SIGN IN. The person who generated the widget snippet that you pasted on your site is always an administrator, and can add or remove other authorized users at will. Note that the snippet is specific to the domain it was originally generated for, and won't offer any editing abilities if placed on other domains.

Any particular translation content in the widget or the backend store for corrections will not affect your access to the dashboard or other widget functionality.

Let us know if this explains the symptoms you are seeing,

Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 5:23 PM
  • Hi

I can sign-in as an administrator but there is one line of text that shows several options in the 'Manage Translation' window. The system will not accept my rejections and approval, and still maintains the incorrect translation when I refresh or log-out.

Any ideas?

Steve

Monday, November 17, 2014 12:42 PM
  • Hi Steve,

Unfortunately this is a known bug we're currently working on fixing. We don't have an ETA yet on when it will be available but we'll post an announcement on this forum when it does.

In a meantime a (arguably cumbersome) workaround is for you to approve these changes from the webpage approval menu itself vs. the admin tool:

1) select by hovering on the text the one you want to approve

2) approve from the page, while signed-in as an admin

Olivier

Microsoft Translator team - www.microsoft.com/Translator

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 4:35 PM
  • Hi

As explained even when logged in as the administrator there are certain lines that will not accept 'Approval' or 'Rejection'. I can press the relevant buttons but the action is not performed when refreshing the page.

I have noticed that in the 'Manage Translations' list most entries are shown in green text and these work fine. However the text I have issues with are shown in grey italic text. Is there a significance of these text styles? It appears that the grey text is somehow locked and doesn't allow further editing. Is this the case and is there any way to override or unlock the grey text sections?

Thank you

Steve

Saturday, November 22, 2014 8:47 AM
  • I think I'm having a similar problem. I can initially approve a user suggested translation and have it show up fine on refresh. But then I can't later choose to reject that translation or approve the original Bing provided translation. So I end up stuck with the newest approved user suggested translation. This behaviour persists for both the dashboard translation tool and the in-line translation tool. Can anyone offer a suggestion to fix this issue?
    Friday, December 5, 2014 4:30 PM