none
Single Spaced Reports RRS feed

• Question

• When printing reports is there any way to single space the lines so the report will fit on one page?  My OS is Windows XP.  Thanks.

Monday, July 11, 2011 7:31 PM

All replies

• I just printed a Transactions by Category report. Single spaced. (I used CutePDF ("printer") for my test) Are you maybe having more subtotaling than you want, or something?

You can also right-click into the report and Copy. Then paste into a different application, such as Excel or Word. Those are more customizable.

Also consider a smaller font.

Monday, July 11, 2011 8:00 PM
  • Thanks very much for your response.  For my purposes today I wanted to use the Transactions by Payee report.  I also needed to include the memo field, along with the split information in the category field.  I did reduce some of the subtotaling and that helped quite a bit.  Within the memo and category fields the lines did single space, but the report still double spaces between listed check numbers.  That's what I wanted to single space to get more on the page.  I didn't see any way to do this and hoped someone smarter than I had figured a work-around.  I can live with it this way until figuring out which program to replace the MS 2002, which has served me really well.  I'm sorry MS no longer supports it.  I also tried your suggestion to paste into my Word program.  That would require a WHOLE bunch of formatting changes, even when selecting the same font and size as the default Money (Tahama size 8).  Thanks again for taking the time to answer.
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 12:49 AM
  • Try starting with TransactionsByCategory report. Grab line between headers to adjust column size. Click on column once or twice to sort by column. Unfortunately secondary sort does not work. But at least you can have the category displayed and still have all single spacing.

Also consider Pasting into Excel. PasteSpecial->Text. Adjust columns etc. Also, Excel is better at sorting

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 4:52 AM