Issue with a Single User RRS feed

• Question

• I have a very weird issue.  Fresh install of OCS R2 in a forest/domain that has never had OCS before.  Front End server was installed.  Added a few test users and everything was working without issue.

Enabled account User1, User2, and User3.  All communications between User1 and User2 are normal, no issues.  When trying to communicate with User3, User1 and/or User2 are unable initiate a message to User3, but if User3 initiates the message to User1 or User2, they can communicate back without issue.

Tried removing the user from OCS and setting back up again, same results.  Tried different workstations, eliminating all GPOs, etc and User1 and User2 still can't initiate to User3.  If User1 logs into the same workstation, User2 can communicate without issue so its not a workstation and/or firewall issue.

Please advise.  Thanks.
    Gus
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 12:39 PM

Answers

• Take a look at User3's account in Active Directory and verify that they don't have the otherIpPhone attribute populated with anything.  Look under the Telephone tab on the Other... button next to IP phone.  If there is a value remove it, there is a bug in OCS R2 which causes the above behavior when that attribute is non-null.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    • Marked as answer by Gus D Friday, September 25, 2009 2:22 PM
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 3:15 PM

All replies

• Hello?  Anyone?
    Gus
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 2:56 PM
  • Take a look at User3's account in Active Directory and verify that they don't have the otherIpPhone attribute populated with anything.  Look under the Telephone tab on the Other... button next to IP phone.  If there is a value remove it, there is a bug in OCS R2 which causes the above behavior when that attribute is non-null.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    • Marked as answer by Gus D Friday, September 25, 2009 2:22 PM
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 3:15 PM
  • Wow ... would have never though of that!  It worked.  I guess I don't even know how OCS is picking that up to have a routing issue to the client.

Thanks Jeff.
    Gus
    Friday, September 25, 2009 2:22 PM