Microsoft Sync conflict resolution RRS feed

• Question

• am using Sync Framework 2.0 for Synchronizing SQL Server 2005 and SQL Express database.
    I need to implement the conflict resolution logic for the same.
    I am trying to find out the equivalent of "ConflictResolver" property in "SQLCeClientSyncProvider" in SQLServer2005 /SQLExpress
    I have found out a sample at :
    But sample doesnot give any implementation for conflict resolution.
    Please guide me for handling conflict resolution in case of SQLServer2005 and SQLExpress synchronization.

• Moved by Dong CaoMicrosoft employee, Moderator Monday, November 16, 2009 8:17 PM It is a database provider question. (From:SyncFx - General)
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:30 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 7:15 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hey,

For your scenario, which providers do you use to sync from SQL server 2005 and SQL express database?

Thanks,
    Ann
    Ann Tang
    Monday, November 16, 2009 8:25 PM
  • The SQLExpress provider does not support "ConflictResolver".  You can use the standard way of handling conflicts  in ApplyChangeFailed callback. Please refer to the link below.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb725997.aspx

Thanks
    Jandeep
    jandeepc
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 12:41 AM
  • The SQLExpress provider does not support "ConflictResolver".  You can use the standard way of handling conflicts  in ApplyChangeFailed callback. Please refer to the link below.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb725997.aspx

Thanks
    Jandeep
    jandeepc

I am using sqlclientprovider and sqldbprovider to sync sqlexpress client data with sqlserver database provided in sample .

here i couldn't find how to handle dataconflict. 

in the sample they have defined event handlers for confilct.these events are not firing when we update the record and sync from client to server or server to client
    Friday, November 27, 2009 12:25 PM
  • Transpacific, I have posted a response to your other thread. Please use the new providers and dont spend too much time architecting a solution on the SQL Express sample.
    This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 6:40 AM