Rescheduling exams RRS feed

• Question

• I had a rather odd experience that I thought I'd share in case it is one day relevant to someone else.

The day before I was scheduled to take an exam, I got a phone call from the testing centre "We're having a fire drill in the morning and will all have to evacuate the building at some point, do you mind rescheduling for 1:00pm?"  No problem, and I never though any more of it.

About 10:00 am that next day, exam day, the phone went.  "Had I rescheduled my exam?"  I answered, "No.  Was I meant to?"  And I realised that when she had, the day before, meant I was meant to reschedule online.  I think that once an exam time is locked in, you have to commence within something like 2 hours of that time.

Fortunately I live in a relatively small town and could get there in about 10 minutes (I had the flu so had deliberately slept in, so had to madly shower and get dressed etc).

Anyway, I say all this just to alert anyone for whom it may be relevant... there is no onus on a test centre to reschedule exams for you!  The wording on the Prometric web site is "The testing centers' primary purpose is to administer exams. Many centers will also schedule appointments for their test center if you call them directly. However, some test centers prefer to have all of their appointments scheduled online or through the Contact Center."

If there is any need to reschedule, assume the onus is probably on you and clarify with the test centre!
    Friday, December 25, 2009 9:33 PM

Answers

• Testing Center also has the capability to reschedule.
    if the exam is on the same day you wanted to reschedule then you wont be able to do that online that must be done from the testing center. you may reschedule an exam 24 hours before exam date
    Nirmal Madhawa Thewarathanthri
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 8:36 PM

All replies

• interesting experiece ,and good share ,this can tell me about the reshedulling exams .

Saturday, December 26, 2009 3:52 AM
  • Testing Center also has the capability to reschedule.
    if the exam is on the same day you wanted to reschedule then you wont be able to do that online that must be done from the testing center. you may reschedule an exam 24 hours before exam date
    Nirmal Madhawa Thewarathanthri
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 8:36 PM