Pro features... RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to be able to:

- output to a higher quality codec (DNxHD, Prores) and/or uncompressed

- output to an image sequence - ie, DPX, EXR, JPG

- output same as source resolution

- output the hyperlapse without auto-cropping, perhaps with an even larger output raster than the source file as necessary to accommodate all the edges, so that I can select any segment of the resulting movie desired for my edit and crop as necessary

- output using a different camera perspective, outside the scene, as was demonstrated in the original Microsoft videos showing this technology

- Select multiple movie files as input for a single hyperlapse - for example, GoPro segments movies into multiple MP4 files after they exceed a certain duration

- Select image sequences as input for a hyperlapse

Also, there seems to be a limit as to how fast you can speed up the movie. I tried 24x but it looked about the same as 8x.

Thanks!

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 4:20 AM

All replies

• Maybe I'm wrong on this, but it seems like the demonstration videos...

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/hyperlapse/ 

...don't crop the frame nearly as much as the Hyperlapse Pro release version does.

Also, a result I'm often getting is that Hyperlapse Pro tilts/rotates the image several degrees, presumably as a result of how it interpreted the footage to be oriented during stabilization. There needs to be a way to correct this, either manually throughout, or perhaps, let the user choose several frames to set a baseline for the rotation that Hyperlapse can use as a guide.

Sunday, June 28, 2015 12:50 PM
  • Seriously, this.
    Wednesday, July 15, 2015 6:56 PM