Nortel MCM 3 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Does this software go by another name? I've searched and searched and contacted our Nortel vender and logged onto the Nortel's website (logged in) and searched and searched and I am unable to find MCM 3.0.
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 8:28 PM

Answers

• Ok,

I've found the reason why I can't find the software. 

The MCM 3.0 is part of the release 5.x software of the CS1K when Converged Office with OCS 2007 is requested.

The MCM 3.0 version is no longer available for download. The reason is now there is a licenses cost involved that needs to be covered.

If the release 5.x arrived without the MCM 3.0 CD, then it needs to be requested and/or sorted out with Order Management.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 8:22 PM

All replies

• It is part of the Nortel CS1000 platform

Multimedia Convergence Manager
    Nortel also introduces a software component called the Multimedia
    Convergence Manager (MCM) to ensure the proper interoperability between
    the two systems with respect to protocols, users, and phone numbers
    managed within the Microsoft® Active Directory®.

http://www142.nortelnetworks.com/techdocs/CS1K_5_5/pdf/NN43001-525_02.02_NCO_FND.pdf

Friday, June 27, 2008 11:33 PM
  • When you say "It is part of the Nortel CS1000 platform" do you mean it came with the system? I have a username and password to their support site, and I've downloaded the CS1000 software but it wasn't a part of that.

Can you provide more help (be more specific)?

Saturday, June 28, 2008 1:01 AM
  • It is an Add-On for the CS1000 platform

Not sure if you have to pay for it

You may want to contact your vendor for more information

Saturday, June 28, 2008 10:51 AM
  • I found MCM 2.0. On Nortel's website. Still looking for the 3.0 

Saturday, June 28, 2008 2:24 PM
  • Ok,

I've found the reason why I can't find the software. 

The MCM 3.0 is part of the release 5.x software of the CS1K when Converged Office with OCS 2007 is requested.

The MCM 3.0 version is no longer available for download. The reason is now there is a licenses cost involved that needs to be covered.

If the release 5.x arrived without the MCM 3.0 CD, then it needs to be requested and/or sorted out with Order Management.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 8:22 PM