Compatibility with Vista Premium 64x RRS feed

• Question

•  

I just purchased an HP Pavilion Slimline PC running Vista Premium 64x and was unable to run the setup to attach the PC to Home Server.

When will a software release be available that will make it possible for me to attach the Vista Premium 64x PC to the Home Server?

And how can I be alerted the release is available to download?

Thursday, April 17, 2008 5:10 PM

Answers

• If you have read through these forums recently or looked at any posts relating to Power Pack 1, then you will hopefully know by now that Vista 64 bit support will be included in Power Pack 1 which is about to go into public beta.

If you want to sign up for the beta go to Connect.microsoft.com and sign up.

Please be aware though that the whole point of the public PP1 beta is to test the data corruption fix and not for people to just test 64 bit support.

Andrew

Sunday, June 1, 2008 10:57 AM

All replies

• If you have read through these forums recently or looked at any posts relating to Power Pack 1, then you will hopefully know by now that Vista 64 bit support will be included in Power Pack 1 which is about to go into public beta.

If you want to sign up for the beta go to Connect.microsoft.com and sign up.

Please be aware though that the whole point of the public PP1 beta is to test the data corruption fix and not for people to just test 64 bit support.

Andrew

Sunday, June 1, 2008 10:57 AM
  • You can install the existing connector on Vista Ultimate 64, but you will not have backup capabilities. Instructions here:

http://mswhs.com/2007/11/02/installing-the-connector-software-on-vista-x64/
    Sunday, June 1, 2008 1:42 PM