OCS R2 and CWA, Exchange and Sharepoint Integration: How many instances of OCS R2? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

So I have been trying to get CWA working for about 4 very long days. I have seen every imaginable error from the CWA session time out error, to logging in and and presence not working/never updating, to messages not being transmitted( although the note will update ).

NO matter how how I slice it. I was not able to get CWA(or Communicator client) working. Much less Exchange 2k7 Integration or SharePoint Integration.

My initial question is whether this a issue with having OCS R2 only installed on 1 machine?

If not What could cause the issues described above(Myself and various others on the web would love to know).

As simply as possible how many server/installations of OCS is really required to get it to function with CWA or Communicator?

How many Servers/Installtions is required to setup my environment to Integrate with Exchange, Outlook, and SharePoint.

There are all of 800 user in whole organization 100-150 that ever use it( Unfortunately for me one of those 100 signs my checks ) so no need to load balance at this time.

• Edited by JosephIM Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:03 PM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:01 PM

Answers

• Although CWA is not supported on the Front-End server it has been installed by others and is known to operate, but can be tricky to configure correctly.  At minimum a second IP address needs to be configured for CWA to run on as the Web Conponents already use TCP 443 on the primary IP address.

But if you have OCS FE, OCS CWA, Exchange, and Sharpeoint all installed on the same host I can only images the level of headache that can cause.  Ideally you should have 4 servers, one dedicated to each of those roles, with the AD Domain Controller separate as well, since that wasn't mentioned in your post.

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 10:52 PM