none
My Network Places not working properly RRS feed

• Question

• For some unknown reason "My Network Places" on my laptop (XP Pro) is not now functioning.  I can see icons, but they are the generic Windows icons - not the shared folders icon.  When I click on any one of them it does not go to that networked place.  I get an error message.  I have never had this problem before.  I can work around by going to "laptop" in "view workgroup computers", and then access the networked site, but that is a hassel.  I would greatly appreciate insight on why this might be happening, and how to put "things" back to the correct, workable situation.

Additionally - I have been using AVG (free) for a couple of years, and have not had this problem.  I recently installed nCleaner, and have used it for "cleaning" things up.  I have additionally installed ii on my desktop, and have done the identical procedures on both computers.  I do not have this problem on my desktop.
    Monday, July 27, 2009 11:18 PM

All replies

• Hi. I'm having the problem with My Network Neighborhood icons being generic. Were you able to correct the problem? If so, what did you do? Thanks for sharing.
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 11:22 PM