Migrate sql server database to another server preserving change tracking information RRS feed

• Question

• I need to migrate a database hosted in a SQL Server Express instance to a SQL Server Standard instance. I can't just backup my database generating a .BAK file and restore it because my host doesn't allow it. My source database is in a production environment where there are about 200 clients syncing with it using microsoft sync framework and change tracking structure provided by SQL Server 2008 to track changes. So, I need to migrate not only data and schema but also change tracking data to the new SQL Server Standard Instance. In the contrary, I will have to make all my clients sync their data, stop change their data and just after I do the migration they would be able to use their system, what it is almost impossible to coordinate, I think: many things can go wrong... :(

Is there some way to do migrate change tracking data?  Please, I need some advice urgent. I have a time bomb in my hands, once maximum capacity from my express instance is getting near...

Thanks in advance!

• Edited by rafabts Tuesday, July 1, 2014 8:28 PM
    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 7:41 PM