none
64bit GotoBLAS lib for WCCS? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

Is there a 64bit GotoBLAS lib for Windows available now?  If so, where can I get it?  If not, is there a 64-bit C compiler that can help to port the GotoBLAS to windows?

Thanks,

-Ming

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 6:10 AM

Answers

•  

I'm happy to report that Dr Goto is in the process porting his BLAS library to Windows 64 as we speak.  We've got early drops internally and are working thru some minor issues before announcing availability. 

I dont have an exact date, but hopefully in the next month or two.

Cheers,

Shahrokh

HPC Tools

Friday, March 28, 2008 10:53 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Ming,

I know there are 64-bit versions available for Linux, but i dont know if there is a ready port available for Win64 yet.  I will look around and report back.

There are a number of 64-bit compilers available for windows:

- Visual Studio (make sure you check the option for installing 64-bit tools)

- Intel win64 compilers

- PGI win64 compilers

are all great choices to start with.

sm

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 10:08 PM
  • Is it legally that I just re-compile the GotoBLAS lib to Windows X64 and use it for commercial purpose?

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 9:17 AM
  •  

I don't believe there is currently a 64-bit GotoBLAS availablef or Windows.  My recommendation would be to pick a different BLAS library, as I expect trying to port GotoBLAS may be fairly time-consuming.

-Josh

Friday, March 28, 2008 10:47 PM
  •  

I'm happy to report that Dr Goto is in the process porting his BLAS library to Windows 64 as we speak.  We've got early drops internally and are working thru some minor issues before announcing availability. 

I dont have an exact date, but hopefully in the next month or two.

Cheers,

Shahrokh

HPC Tools

Friday, March 28, 2008 10:53 PM
  • yes, I have got this news from Alex and thanks for the great help on this.

Monday, March 31, 2008 8:29 AM