Erroneous invalid software report RRS feed

• Question

•  

The office validation report correctly identifies that my Office 2007 and Project 2007 are valid it says that something which does not even have a name is invalid.  There was a 30 day trial version on this PC when I bought it.  I immediately removed the program using the Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.  After that I found 14 registry entries suggesting it was still on and deleted them.  One of your tech support pros gave me a procedure for removing the invalid key.  The procedure was unsuccessful.  The person then sent me a diagnostic tool and asked me to send back the results.  I did that nearly a week ago and have gottten no response.  What will it take to eliminate this erroroneous invalid software report?

Do not simply ignore me, like your "technical support professional" has been doing.

My name is Scott Zuberbier and my e-mail is

I am using Windows Vista and Office Vista.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 6:26 AM

Answers

• Hello Scott,

First I want to say we are sorry if you felt like you are ignored. I have not seen your post regarding the diagnostic results. Did you use a different name for posting? Your issue appears to be outside the scope of the Genuine Advantage forum. In an attempt to assist I would like to provide the following information.  Please look @ the following Knowledge Base (KB) article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us. Here you will find detailed instructions for removing trial and beta release versions of Office Suite 2007 or program previously installed on user's computer system..

Important:  This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

“How to back up and restore the registry in Windows XP and Windows Vista” http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Thank you very much,

Stephen Holm, MS

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 5:57 PM