locked
Issue synchronising CRM 2011 to Outlook 2010 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi there,

    We have recently moved to a new CRM 2011 deployment and everything has been running fine for a few days. However now when any user tries to Set Regarding any emails or Track in CRM they recieve an error saying 'An Unknown error occurred while Synchronising data to Outlook'. We have tried to uninstall and reinstall the Outlook add-in but this has had no effect. No errors are logged in the event viewer of either the server or the client. No updates have been applied to either the server or the client machines since we had CRM functioning.

    Can someone point me in the right direction for tracking this bug down?

    Regards,

    Steven

    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 2:07 PM

Answers

  • Use Client Diagnostic Tool

    On the client machine open Diagnostics Tool (Start->All Programs->Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011->Diagnostic

    On the first tab mark all needed information (mark all if you´re unsure. Do not mark last one if you don´t use offline function).

    Go to Advanced Troubleshooting. Select Tracing. Save.

    Reproduce the issue.

    Restart the diagnostics tool and uncheck tracing. Save.

    Trace file locations:

    WindowsXP:Drive:\Documents and Settings\<User with installed client>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM\Traces

    WindowsVista/7:Drive:\Users\<User with installed client>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\MSCRM\Traces

     

     

    Folders may be hidden. Open the trace files and check for errors. Post them here and we can assist you.

     


    Carsten Groth http://carstengroth.wordpress.com
    • Marked as answer by doireboy Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:04 PM
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 2:13 PM

All replies

  • Use Client Diagnostic Tool

    On the client machine open Diagnostics Tool (Start->All Programs->Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011->Diagnostic

    On the first tab mark all needed information (mark all if you´re unsure. Do not mark last one if you don´t use offline function).

    Go to Advanced Troubleshooting. Select Tracing. Save.

    Reproduce the issue.

    Restart the diagnostics tool and uncheck tracing. Save.

    Trace file locations:

    WindowsXP:Drive:\Documents and Settings\<User with installed client>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM\Traces

    WindowsVista/7:Drive:\Users\<User with installed client>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\MSCRM\Traces

     

     

    Folders may be hidden. Open the trace files and check for errors. Post them here and we can assist you.

     


    Carsten Groth http://carstengroth.wordpress.com
    • Marked as answer by doireboy Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:04 PM
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 2:13 PM
  • Hi Carsten,

    The logs seemed to indicate that the Email server was offline, or that CRM was having issues communicating with the email server, so we have restarted it (again!) and records are now synchronising correctly again.

    Many thanks for the assistance.

    Regards,

    Steven

    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:04 PM