CPU and RAM overloaded RRS feed

• Question

• hello everyone.

I installed recement refresh version of "Vail" in a virtual machine (based on XenServer 5.6).

the machine has 2 CPUs (Intel Q6600) and 6 GB of RAM and 2 320GB drives 160 + installation goes well but after that it complicated.
    The machine reboots and the memory used is 100% and the CPU too ... yes THE CPU.in the task manager only one CPU is recognized.

I go to the console after 20 minutes from time, to never again ... The process "System" is always 100%

The previous version of "Vail" posed no problem before.

Does anyone has an idea?
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 5:44 PM

Answers

•  This question has been asked and answered before. One socket, up to 4 cores, up to 8 GB.

As for the system process always using 100% CPU, can't help you there. Maybe try installing on bare metal instead of virtualizing?

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 8:15 PM
  • Hello,
    I changed my system and went Virtualization with Hyper-V. Strangely I do not encounter the same problem and "Vail" behaves correctly.

Yet I do not encounter the same problem when I virtualize a Windows 2008 Standard Server with XenServer.

at the moment so I would stay under Hyper-V.

Thank you for your reply

Good day.
    • Marked as answer by Yann_L Wednesday, November 3, 2010 10:43 AM
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 10:43 AM

All replies

•  This question has been asked and answered before. One socket, up to 4 cores, up to 8 GB.

As for the system process always using 100% CPU, can't help you there. Maybe try installing on bare metal instead of virtualizing?

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 8:15 PM
  • thank you for the quick reply, but my question was not specifically on the number of CPUs. In Xenserveur he was a reporter the number of processor core and not different physical processors. A limitation though unwelcome, harm.

The previous version of "Vail" behaves differently and accept more readily the various hearts virtualized ... singing.

for testing, I can not afford to "sacrifice" only a physical machine ... the same machine used for the "production" of my WHS V1.

Things are getting better by giving the virtual machine with a copy of the bios of the host, but the system remains constant load to about 60% even after 3 hours of "inactivity", again the previous version of "Vail" behaved quite differently. Lsass.exe and sharingservicehost.exe sharing this mainly CPU time ....

see you soon
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 9:56 PM
  • Hello,
    I changed my system and went Virtualization with Hyper-V. Strangely I do not encounter the same problem and "Vail" behaves correctly.

Yet I do not encounter the same problem when I virtualize a Windows 2008 Standard Server with XenServer.

at the moment so I would stay under Hyper-V.

Thank you for your reply

Good day.
    • Marked as answer by Yann_L Wednesday, November 3, 2010 10:43 AM
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 10:43 AM