WHS showing wierd system size (1,8TB) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have this wierd problem after i resinstalled my WHS (i did a clean full reinstall). After reinstalling, the system size shows 1,8 TB in the console.

Ive tried to search around for any solution for this with no luck. My total WHS storage size is aprox 3,6 GB, so it feels kinda waste that the System takes 1,8TB of this (atleast thats wat it shows in the console).

So, to sum it up it shows like this:
    Share Folders: (298GB)
    Duplication (6,9 GB)
    PC Backups (4 KB)
    System (1,8 TB) <-- ?
    Free Space (1,5 TB)

Hope anyone have any soulution on this issues. I also checked the other similar solutions on this boards, like the shadow copy in D:\ etc but my folder is empty there.

Thanks in advance

Monday, July 12, 2010 6:16 AM

Answers

• That's a known issue. The reported size of the system is reported incorrect now and then.
    The only thing is that it shows incorrect. There is no other impact/problem with it.
    As said, MS knows about this, but it's obviously so trivial, that it has not been corrected.
    And I wouldn;t count on it to be in WHS V1 since it's been with the next gen of WHS (VAIL).

Hope anyone have any soulution on this issues.

There isn't (although after some time/reboot it shows the correct 20GB size (which IS the correct size of System)

"Zyclone" wrote in message news:96b2d48e-956a-479c-82d3-32dc70d257fa@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi,

I have this wierd problem after i resinstalled my WHS (i did a clean full reinstall). After reinstalling, the system size shows 1,8 TB in the console.

Ive tried to search around for any solution for this with no luck. My total WHS storage size is aprox 3,6 GB, so it feels kinda waste that the System takes 1,8TB of this (atleast thats wat it shows in the console).

Duplication (6,9 GB)
    PC Backups (4 KB)
    *System (1,8 TB) <-- ?
    *Free Space (1,5 TB)

Hope anyone have any soulution on this issues. I also checked the other similar solutions on this boards, like the shadow copy in D:\ etc but my folder is empty there.

Thanks in advance

Have a nice day!

Thanks for the reply, i guess i just have to live with it untill it "fixes itself" or something :)
    • Marked as answer by Zyclone Tuesday, July 13, 2010 7:07 AM
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 7:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Duplication (6,9 GB)
    PC Backups (4 KB)
    System (1,8 TB) <-- ?
    Free Space (1,5 TB)

Thanks in advance 

First, why did you reinstall?  Second, how much space were you using before you reinstalled?
    Monday, July 12, 2010 3:17 PM
  • Did you install the BDBB addin and duplicate your backups?

Do you have any files outside of these folders

D:\folders

D:\shares

D:\DE\

Monday, July 12, 2010 9:09 PM
  • That's a known issue. The reported size of the system is reported incorrect now and then.
    The only thing is that it shows incorrect. There is no other impact/problem with it.
    As said, MS knows about this, but it's obviously so trivial, that it has not been corrected.
    And I wouldn;t count on it to be in WHS V1 since it's been with the next gen of WHS (VAIL).

There isn't (although after some time/reboot it shows the correct 20GB size (which IS the correct size of System)

"Zyclone" wrote in message news:96b2d48e-956a-479c-82d3-32dc70d257fa@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi,

Duplication (6,9 GB)
    PC Backups (4 KB)
    *System (1,8 TB) <-- ?
    *Free Space (1,5 TB)

Thanks in advance

Have a nice day!
    Monday, July 12, 2010 9:36 PM
  • Hi,

Duplication (6,9 GB)
    PC Backups (4 KB)
    System (1,8 TB) <-- ?
    Free Space (1,5 TB)

Thanks in advance 

First, why did you reinstall?  Second, how much space were you using before you reinstalled?

Hi, I had to reinstall due to a corrupt disk, which made the whole software raid in WHS to be corrupt.
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 7:06 AM

Hi,

Duplication (6,9 GB)
    PC Backups (4 KB)
    *System (1,8 TB) <-- ?
    *Free Space (1,5 TB)

Thanks in advance

Have a nice day!

Thanks for the reply, i guess i just have to live with it untill it "fixes itself" or something :)
    • Marked as answer by Zyclone Tuesday, July 13, 2010 7:07 AM
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 7:07 AM
  • which made the whole software raid in WHS to be corrupt.

Raid is not supported (non raid and folder duplication should take care of everything). WHS and raid is a risky combination since it simply isn't desigend for that.

"Zyclone" wrote in message news:a9f22738-b2b9-46cd-b411-dce4ec92f3b4@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi,

Duplication (6,9 GB)
    PC Backups (4 KB)
    *System (1,8 TB) <-- ?
    *Free Space (1,5 TB)

Thanks in advance

First, why did you reinstall? Second, how much space were you using before you reinstalled?

Hi, I had to reinstall due to a corrupt disk, which made the whole software raid in WHS to be corrupt.

Have a nice day!
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 9:08 PM