Where is my chkde.exe ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I've installed both the client and server Windows Home Server Toolkit v1.1 and can run the test connectors etc... but I can't find the chkde.exe file which I assume is supposed to drop into the C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server directory on install.

This is driving me nuts..

I've seen posts referring to the toolkit documentation in order to run this command, but the toolkit documentation doesn't mention the command.

Am I on another planet, or have I installed the wrong toolkit?

Please help!!!!

Thanks
    S.
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 10:49 PM

Answers

• Saltyzip said:

Hi,
    I've installed both the client and server Windows Home Server Toolkit v1.1 and can run the test connectors etc... but I can't find the chkde.exe file which I assume is supposed to drop into the C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server directory on install.

I've seen posts referring to the toolkit documentation in order to run this command, but the toolkit documentation doesn't mention the command.

Please help!!!!

Thanks
    S.

Hello,

The version 1.1. toolkit does not contain storage diagnostics and the older diagnostics in v1 are not compatible with PP1. 

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    • Marked as answer by Saltyzip Tuesday, February 3, 2009 11:12 PM
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 11:04 PM

All replies

• I've even manually extracted the MSI file, and there is no chkde.exe in it, so please tell me where you get it from?
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 11:02 PM
  • Saltyzip said:

Hi,

Please help!!!!

Thanks
    S.

Hello,

The version 1.1. toolkit does not contain storage diagnostics and the older diagnostics in v1 are not compatible with PP1. 

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    • Marked as answer by Saltyzip Tuesday, February 3, 2009 11:12 PM
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 11:04 PM