Distibution of LCDS Modules RRS feed

• Question

• I am on a network currently without a Learning Management System  (LMS) and am creating learning modules with the free LCDS authoring tool. I would like to distribute these by putting them on a network drive for users to activate via the Wrapper.htm file.  However i am getting two different issues when trying to access the modules from other pc's.

1. The page loads but the applet comes up saying 'Loading Viewer' and just sits there turning for some minutes and nothing happens

2. The page loads but when navigating through the module an icon appears telling me to 'load Silverlight.'

I have loaded silverlight which has solved the 2nd issue but does not solve the 1st 'Loading Viewer' issue.

The PCs are running Windows XP SP2 , silverlight is version3.  LCDS is version 2.4

What are the minimum requirements on a recipeint pc for this to run from the wrapper .htm file.

Does silverlight have to loaded on every pc?

Is there a flash viewer required?

Many Thanks

Thursday, April 22, 2010 9:57 PM

All replies

• Hello-

You will need to download the free Silverlight player to use the Silverlight activities and your students who use the courses you build will also need the Silverlight player.

You will be prompted to Get Silverlight and the Silverlight download is free.

You can find more information here: http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/

Thanks for your interest in the LCDS!

Stephanie

Thursday, April 22, 2010 10:35 PM