validation office standard error 0x80180112 RRS feed

• Question

• I buy office standar french version at compusmart and each time when I want valid my version I have error 0x80180112
    Tuesday, March 27, 2007 12:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Patrick,

Please try the below steps:

WINDOWS VISTA:

1) Click the START button.

2) Click ALL PROGRAMS.

3) Look at the list of your installed programs and find INTERNET EXPLORER.

4) Point the mouse cursor over top of INTERNET EXPLORER until it is highlighted and click the RIGHT-MOUSE button and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR from the menu.

5) You will be prompted by a Windows Vista dialog box, and I want you to choose ALLOW.  This will allow IE to start with administrator priv's.

6) In the new Internet Explorer session, manually type or copy this URL:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine (again, make sure it's the new instance of IE that opened as 'admin').

7) Once the /genuine web site loads in the new IE browswer.  Click the VALIDATE OFFICE button.

What happened?  Are the results different?

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Program Manager

--------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, March 29, 2007 10:02 PM
  • I did this and it worked for me. Seems like a permission problem...
    Tuesday, July 17, 2007 8:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Patrick,

Please try the below steps:

WINDOWS VISTA:

1) Click the START button.

2) Click ALL PROGRAMS.

3) Look at the list of your installed programs and find INTERNET EXPLORER.

4) Point the mouse cursor over top of INTERNET EXPLORER until it is highlighted and click the RIGHT-MOUSE button and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR from the menu.

5) You will be prompted by a Windows Vista dialog box, and I want you to choose ALLOW.  This will allow IE to start with administrator priv's.

6) In the new Internet Explorer session, manually type or copy this URL:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine (again, make sure it's the new instance of IE that opened as 'admin').

7) Once the /genuine web site loads in the new IE browswer.  Click the VALIDATE OFFICE button.

What happened?  Are the results different?

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Program Manager

--------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, March 29, 2007 10:02 PM
  • I did this and it worked for me. Seems like a permission problem...
    Tuesday, July 17, 2007 8:58 PM
  • The "Run as Administrator" Fixed the problem?  Will there be a hotfix for this?

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:26 PM