Frustrated with Windows Live One Care RRS feed

• Question

• I'm really frustrated with Windows Live One Care. I bought the product that I insatlled on my new laptop, it works fine. When i try to install it on my desktop, it kees giving me a code error 80048265, prompting me to make sure that I'm connected to the internet while I already am. That error code is not listed anywhere in the Help Tools. I try everything that is required to do to solve the problem. On top of that when I try to contact support, i'm directed to a page asking me exclusively about money.

What have become of customer support? You pay for something, and after the money is pocketed you can't get real interpersonal assistance. That's "freaking" frustrating.  

Thursday, February 28, 2008 9:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Follow the instructions on how to reach support here - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Do this on your laptop where OneCare is installed and activated and it should validate the subscription and present your support options.

-steve

Friday, February 29, 2008 9:08 PM
  • SAME SITUATION.  IT TOOK OVER TWO MONTHS TO GET VISTA INSTALLATION DONE.
    I ONCE RESPECTED MICROSOFT.  MAC IS LOOKING BETTER EVERY DAY.

Does anyone know how to get this program installed?  EASILY.  SUPPORT is no help at all!!!
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 7:03 PM
  •  billiejean wrote:
    SAME SITUATION.  IT TOOK OVER TWO MONTHS TO GET VISTA INSTALLATION DONE.
    I ONCE RESPECTED MICROSOFT.  MAC IS LOOKING BETTER EVERY DAY.

Does anyone know how to get this program installed?  EASILY.  SUPPORT is no help at all!!!

What specific errors are you encountering when trying to install OneCare?

Are you trying to install from CD or from http://onecare.live.com?

Is this a brand new installation of OneCare? Do you have a subscription activated yet or is this your first install?

What has support suggested for you to do to try to install? And what were the results when you tried?

I assume that you are trying to install on a machine that is running Vista 32 bit version. Was this an XP to Vista upgrade? What problems did you have with that upgrade?

-steve

Thursday, May 22, 2008 1:13 AM