Another site not being indexed. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I too am struggling to be index by the MSNBot. 

My website is http://www.living-pictures.co.uk/ and has been in existence for almost 2 years. Following a major site change 4 months ago I have submitted the site to the major search engines used in the UK. All but live.com have indexed the site and given it good rankings. As live.com is the default search engine for Internet Explorer 7 this is more than an inconvenience.

I have submitted the site URL monthly since the site upgrade and signed up for the Webmaster tools and submitted a sitemap. 

How long should it take for MSNBot to index the site? Is there anything I can do to speed the process up?

Regards,

Craig
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 9:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Craig,

I've tried accessing your site several times without success.
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Thursday, April 2, 2009 8:36 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 8:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Craig,

Having signed up for our tools, I assume you've verified that your site is not being blocked or penalized?
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:08 PM
  • Hi Brett,

Thanks for the reply. I have checked and it simply says "no data is available" for all crawl issues. I presume this means the MSNBot has never visited the site.

Regards,

Craig
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:50 AM
  • Hi Craig,

It seems you are not alone in this crawl / index issue. I also have a site that I have submitted to msn search engine and nothing http://www.usbflash.co.uk

I have webmaster tools, the site is not blocked but there are no index stats or anything, just says N/A. This is really annoying as we work hard to get a nicely designed site and this happens.

As if the recession hasn't hit business hard enough, we have search engines making it worse!

My site is listed by most other search engines except msn, looks like the void between google and msn is going to get bigger and bigger!

Regards

Matt

Thursday, March 26, 2009 9:40 AM
  • Okay. I have you on a short list of sites I'm going to be looking at over the next couple of days. I've also submitted your site using an internal tool, so hopefully that will help.

Brett
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 5:28 PM
  • Hi Craig,

I've tried accessing your site several times without success.
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Thursday, April 2, 2009 8:36 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 8:35 PM