Voice Commands RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking to add a voice dictation option to a text box. How would I go about implementing this? I installed the Speech SDK, and all I want to do is get it so if somebody presses a button, it recognizes the speech spoken and dictates it into a text box. Thank you in advance.
    • Moved by Barry Wang Friday, February 13, 2015 8:23 AM
    Thursday, February 12, 2015 1:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The forum is main about “visual studio installation”.We talk about question about Install/Uninstall visual studio here. As your description, I am afraid your problem is out of support in the forum. You should ask for help in the app development forum. For example. if you create windows Form application, you should post your thread in the Windows Form forum.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. <br/> Click <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?showpage=1&scid=sw%3Ben%3B3559&theme=tech"> HERE</a> to participate the survey.

Friday, February 13, 2015 2:00 AM
  • You can install Microsoft Speech SDK. It has both Speech to text as well as Text to speech features. It can also train to adapt better to your voice for more accurate recognition. The SDK is very well documented with samples and you can start right away.
    • Edited by seccpur Friday, February 13, 2015 2:13 AM
    Friday, February 13, 2015 2:13 AM
  • I did install it though. I don't know how (or don't see) how to edit or view source code for the samples, however. How would I go about doing that?
    Friday, February 13, 2015 3:14 AM
  • I did install it though. I don't know how (or don't see) how to edit or view source code for the samples, however. How would I go about doing that?

You should post a question about this in a Forum for the language you are programming with. Or possibly the type of application you are going to use if it is WPF or phone apps.

Like maybe in a language forum.

Visual Studio Languages            

La vida loca

Friday, February 13, 2015 3:22 AM
  • Last time I did speech project was may be 7 years ago so I don't remember the SDK version.

#include <sphelper.h>

Load and initialize the COM objects

CComPtr<ISpRecoGrammar> cpCmdGrammar; CComPtr<ISpRecoContext> cpRecoCtxt; CComPtr<ISpRecognizer> cpEngine;

CComPtr<ISpAudio> cpAudio;

Friday, February 13, 2015 3:45 AM