Lookup value is disappearing after selecting a value (from lookup window) on opportunity close page in competitor field RRS feed

• Question

• the user is using IE 11 in window 8.1

version CRM 2011 On premise

rollup 14

issue: when the user is trying to close an opportunity, he is selecting a value in the competitor lookup. But once a value is selected it is not appearing in the lookup field.

This is working fine in IE 10. just happening in IE 11.

Also, tried and installed Rollup 17 also. No luck :-( 

Appreciate quick!!

Saturday, December 20, 2014 4:29 PM

Answers

• Hi All,

I have installed Rollup 17 and it fixed the issue temporarily as below:

1. work in IE 11 on window 8 or windows 7, but no on windows 8.1 or windows 2008 server etc..

Also, it seems like rollup 18 for crm 2011 is the last rollup and going forward any product issues will not be handled. Need to confirm though. 

Regards

• Marked as answer by CSK.CRM Tuesday, January 13, 2015 3:34 AM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 3:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Try adding your CRM website URL to the Compatibility View Settings list within IE 11 as this does seem to mitigate many issues with this incompatibility.

Launch IE and on the Menu bar, click on Tools > Select Compatibility View Settings > Add your CRM URL here.

Hope this helps!!!!

Thanks,

Prasad

Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Monday, December 22, 2014 4:49 AM
  • I would also suggest to check the build number for CRM and make sure it says 5.0.9690.4150 just in case the rollup didn't completely update.  Also confirm that the CRM server was restarted after the rollup was installed.  If it wasn't, the old build may still be cached on the server.

Jason Peterson

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 4:10 PM
  • I have restarted the servers after the Rollup installation. Now also I have restarted, but still no luck 
    Tuesday, December 23, 2014 4:46 PM
  • I will try this option and see if this issue can be resolved
    Tuesday, December 23, 2014 4:47 PM
  • Nope , none of the suggestion from jason or Prasad sovled the issue for me.

Please let me know if may other options are available to resovle the issue... really appreciate quick help

Monday, December 29, 2014 5:36 AM
  • Hi All,

I have installed Rollup 17 and it fixed the issue temporarily as below:

1. work in IE 11 on window 8 or windows 7, but no on windows 8.1 or windows 2008 server etc..

Also, it seems like rollup 18 for crm 2011 is the last rollup and going forward any product issues will not be handled. Need to confirm though. 

Regards

• Marked as answer by CSK.CRM Tuesday, January 13, 2015 3:34 AM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 3:34 AM