Notification in End / Complete on MileStone in Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• hi ,

How can i set Notification in End / Complete on Mile Stone in Project Server 2010 . it should go to Project Supervisor also.

Regards,

COMDINI

Sunday, August 1, 2010 9:40 AM

Answers

• You could either do custom code, or perhaps VBA script would be the easiest.  Then you could set it to scan milestones marked as complete, and based on a flag, send an e-mail.

There's no out of the box functionality that I can think of....

Sunday, August 1, 2010 2:52 PM

All replies

• You could either do custom code, or perhaps VBA script would be the easiest.  Then you could set it to scan milestones marked as complete, and based on a flag, send an e-mail.

There's no out of the box functionality that I can think of....

Sunday, August 1, 2010 2:52 PM
  • Hi Andrew ,

Thanks for your reply . I'm a apprentice for Project Server. Kindly tell me that how an I do it as per you told . can you learn me that how can I insert Code or VBA Script on regading this.

I appriciate your Help.

Regards,

COMDINI 

Sunday, August 1, 2010 3:02 PM
  • I would advise you to buy Rod Gill's book on VBA in Microsoft Project (the
    2010 version isn't out yet though) and/or post on the Development newsgroup.

- Andrew Lavinsky

Monday, August 2, 2010 10:49 PM
  • Hi Andrew ,

I checked that book. it has designed for Project Desktop Developers.  i think that i've to do changes in Project Professional . But with lot of users , it won't be practicle . if we can do anything from Project Server , it is good.

Else Have you any idea that how can know the Department Head their Project Users has complete the Project . thing is Department Head don't have to time to check Each Projects one by one. thats why I'm finding like that Solution .

Have you any Alternative Solution..

Regards,

COMDINI

Friday, September 24, 2010 5:58 PM
  • G'day mate - how did you fare on this?  I'm looking at a similar thing and was just checking if there wasn't something out-of-the-box.

At this stage I'm considering building something that checks a "Notification Days Notice" column.  This would be a field that I would add to the Task Entity as an Enterprise Custom Field.

This could assess and send notifications for both Tasks (from the start and/or finish dates) and Milestones.

I would get this information out of the 'Reporting' database - the data in here is near-real-time and quite easy to access.  I'd just need to build some simple custom logic to ensure notifications aren't sent twice or missed.

The PSI would be suitable - as long as you're notifying on the Published version of the data (not the draft, that would just be silly).

Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:00 AM