none
Team Foundation Server For 3D Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games. If this is in the wrong spot please reply where to post it RRS feed

• Question

• Hello if this is in the wrong spot Please let me know where to post it. What would be the best program to use to make a 3D Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Would it be best to make my own base platform and run my own script?

I have tried a program Called Blizt3D Game Programming software and got a lot of correct and working. I made know in the program so I would know what did what. It has a bunch of templates and examples plus some other codes that had a thing like {xxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx} which I believe was the class Id. So I now know a lot more than I did and really want to program and repair computers. 

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 8:39 PM

Answers

• Hello if this is in the wrong spot Please let me know where to post it. What would be the best program to use to make a 3D Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Would it be best to make my own base platform and run my own script?

I have tried a program Called Blizt3D Game Programming software and got a lot of correct and working. I made know in the program so I would know what did what. It has a bunch of templates and examples plus some other codes that had a thing like {xxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx} which I believe was the class Id. So I now know a lot more than I did and really want to program and repair computers. 

Good day KevinG10.1,

Your question is not clear to me. In the title you mention "Team Foundation Server For 3D Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games." but your question is not about Team Foundation but about the developing procedure "Would it be best to make my own base platform and run my own script?". I will answer according to the content question regardless Team Foundation which is not relevant to the question.

>> Hello if this is in the wrong spot Please let me know where to post it.

Yep this is the wrong forum to ask the question, but this forum is here to help you find the write forum, which mean this is a good place to ask where to ask :-)

>> t has a bunch of templates and examples plus some other codes that had a thing like {xxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx} which I believe was the class Id.

the "code" that you see which looks like {xxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx} is a Guid format. It is usually unique value that used to represents elements. If you are a developer, then you can get moreinformation regarding Guid here:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.guid%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

This is absolutely not a calss id. A class does not have an "identification number". An object which is based on a class can have an identification like id or a Guid that represent that specific object.

>> What would be the best program to use to make a 3D Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Would it be best to make my own base platform and run my own script?

MSDN Forums are for these who want to develop and not to get help in finding built-in paid applications. Google is a great place to search for built-in paid applications. Therefore, my answer will be always yes if you want to learn then it be best to make your own base platform and run my own script. But the question is do you want to learn and do it yourself?

If the answer is that you want to learn, then next step is to choose the technologies that you want to learn. C# is a great language to develop 3D Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, which mean that you can ask the question in C# forum probably, but since develop 3D Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game is a bit complex you first need to learn C# and then it is best to find specific forums for 3D Online Games. I found only one forum that specifically deals with Game Development. You can try it: Game Development with Silverlight

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 12:34 PM
  • Might try them over here.

http://xboxforums.create.msdn.com/forums/

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 12:38 PM

All replies

• Hi KevinG10,

The Team Foundation Server is used to collaborate software development tools for entire team. Your issue isn’t related to TFS.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 4:40 AM

Good day KevinG10.1,

Your question is not clear to me. In the title you mention "Team Foundation Server For 3D Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games." but your question is not about Team Foundation but about the developing procedure "Would it be best to make my own base platform and run my own script?". I will answer according to the content question regardless Team Foundation which is not relevant to the question.

>> Hello if this is in the wrong spot Please let me know where to post it.

Yep this is the wrong forum to ask the question, but this forum is here to help you find the write forum, which mean this is a good place to ask where to ask :-)

>> t has a bunch of templates and examples plus some other codes that had a thing like {xxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx} which I believe was the class Id.

the "code" that you see which looks like {xxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx} is a Guid format. It is usually unique value that used to represents elements. If you are a developer, then you can get moreinformation regarding Guid here:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.guid%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

This is absolutely not a calss id. A class does not have an "identification number". An object which is based on a class can have an identification like id or a Guid that represent that specific object.

>> What would be the best program to use to make a 3D Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Would it be best to make my own base platform and run my own script?

MSDN Forums are for these who want to develop and not to get help in finding built-in paid applications. Google is a great place to search for built-in paid applications. Therefore, my answer will be always yes if you want to learn then it be best to make your own base platform and run my own script. But the question is do you want to learn and do it yourself?

If the answer is that you want to learn, then next step is to choose the technologies that you want to learn. C# is a great language to develop 3D Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, which mean that you can ask the question in C# forum probably, but since develop 3D Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game is a bit complex you first need to learn C# and then it is best to find specific forums for 3D Online Games. I found only one forum that specifically deals with Game Development. You can try it: Game Development with Silverlight

signature   Ronen Ariely

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 12:34 PM
  • Might try them over here.

http://xboxforums.create.msdn.com/forums/

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 12:38 PM
  • By the way if you are looking for learning develop 3D Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, then you can check this link about C# Scripting Tutorials using Unity, development platform for creating 2D and 3D multiplatform games and interactive experiences. There is a free version as much as I understand for personal use.

http://catlikecoding.com/unity/tutorials/

signature   Ronen Ariely

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 12:43 PM
  • Thank you Ronen Ariely. I will try out what you said! By the way I just accepted into college

• Edited by KevinG10.1 Thursday, September 15, 2016 3:53 PM Accepted into college
    Thursday, September 15, 2016 3:51 PM
  • Thanks I will look there. By the way I was just accepted into college.
    Thursday, September 15, 2016 3:52 PM
  • You're welcome and good luck!

Thursday, September 15, 2016 3:54 PM
  • Thank you Ronen Ariely. I will try out what you said! By the way I just accepted into college

Congrats :-) 

signature   Ronen Ariely

Thursday, September 15, 2016 4:42 PM