OCS with Cisco VGW RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all

Is the A/V Edge server required for enterprise voice deployment if both Mediation server and the Voice Gateway residing on the same network?  

I can see calls which are originated from the Communicator Clients hitting the VGW ( A Cisco GW with a E1 module, which is not activated yet, but a debug on the VGW shows the calls are coming in). but when I try to send call through the VGW ( using “csim start” command  to OCS side it give a error “internal server error” and the call drops)

any ideas..? pls assist..

Cheers..!

Monday, June 2, 2008 10:57 AM

All replies

• The A/V Edge server is only required if you want to hold Communicator or OCS-based audio/video sessions with external parties (outside the firewall).  It is not required for an internal user to leverage PBX integration to make a phone call.

Can you give additional details of your environment?  There are a couple people on this forum with quite a bit of CIsco experience.
    Monday, June 2, 2008 1:27 PM
  •  

hi Mike,

Thank you for the update, so in my setup i don’t need the A/V server, good that i can save some hardware..!

Also i was able to sort out the other issue, problem was i only had TCP 5060 listing on the OCS server interface, which was stopping the Mediation server from communicating with it, after enabling MTLS the issue was sorted.

Also I got Exchange UM setup with OCS, now we are testing the features..!

I am looking some good PPT and videos on features..! if you know any links pls post..!

Thank you again.

Cheers..!

Shahan

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 12:12 PM