Please fix the bug in WM6 tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I hope this is the suggestion box for the mobile owners forum. I have recently bought a WM6 device to replace my WM5 device. The active task function does not function. Will you fix it please.

regards

Simon

Thursday, February 7, 2008 10:38 AM

All replies

• I too am having a problem with Tasks. I'll go into a little more detail.

1. Equipment. I'm using an HTC Touch CDMA. Outlook version 2007 with SP1 installed. It's all fed from a hosted Exchange Server 2007.

2. Process. I create most of my "tasks" from emails and contacts. For instance, when an email comes in, I flag it for follow up and it shows in my Outlook tasks.

3. Problem. Sure, it shows in Outlook tasks. But that's where it ends. It doesn't continue on to Outlook Mobile. Therefore, 95% of my tasks aren't syncing to my PDA, which makes it basically useless.

I'm pretty sure that this worked in my WM5 device, as I don't remember missing things there.

John

Saturday, February 9, 2008 3:26 PM
  • One of the reason I like forums is there is a continuous learning curve no matter how long you have been doing it.  Your issue is a feature I just never tried or used (no real reason to) so based on your question I tried it.  Yes, low and behold, the issue you described was the same for me.

So, I mentionn this only to let you know, you are not alone in that issue.  I'm not sure if in fact the Mobile Tasks are designed to do it but I will test it out a bit to see if I can get it to work .... however, for some reason, I am not optimistic.  I think we need to remember it is a mobile version and many featuresof the desktop version are not included (sadly). 

That being said, I can fully appreciate your need for the feature and will add it to my list on suggestions for future versions of the OS.  I will be in Redmond in April and I expect to have the opportunity to provide some input on future versions. 

Saturday, February 9, 2008 4:18 PM