script error with CWA RRS feed

• Question

• When CWA user get a message from another user, it popup empty a window below left an user get a script error:

row: 3

character: 848447

error: 'this.optionManager.GetOptionData().messages' is null or no object

code: 0

url: https://servername/cwa/Client/3.0.6340.000/Toast.htm?type=im

Same problem with IE6 and IE7. Firefox 2 does also not work.

How can I correct this error?

Best Regards,

Joerg Bachmann

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 9:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Joerg,

Can you update this thread? Have you implemented the RTM version and confirmed this is still an issue.?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:54 PM
  •  

I am also getting this same error... My Beta Version of CWA seemed to work perfectly.  When we moved to the Final version we changed servers for the OCS server, moved everyone over.. and all components came back online except CWA.

Normally when you access the page you are able to log in with no problems what so ever.. however when you IM someone the window popups up blank.. Only one person shows in the Chat Attendees section at the top.. And The CWA does not show any messages to it.. "Also you get "Message last Received at ." (With a period instead of a timestamp)...

I have fought with the server for i dont know how many days.. But always the same thing.

If anyone has experienced anything like this, and was able to find a fix or workaround it would be great.

Monday, November 5, 2007 10:09 PM
  • hello,

any solution to this? i've the same problem...

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 3:39 PM
  • Don't know if you guys already found this:

Hotfix available here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=945056

Friday, January 4, 2008 7:34 AM
  •  

thank you Dan,

the problem was with sip names... CWA does not work with domain names where the domain name extension is more than 3 characters. For example: name.surname@domain.local does not work, while name.surname@domain.com works fine.

I think the patch you posted solves the problem fine.

thank you for your help

Friday, January 4, 2008 9:15 AM
  • Anyone have this patch not work for them?  Just got this today from MS, installed, rebooted to make sure and nothing.  Thanks in advance!

Thursday, January 17, 2008 1:24 AM
  • Same here.  I confirmed the files were updated and have the correct modified date.  Rebooted the server and client machines and cleared IE's cache, but the same problem continues to occur.

Any ideas?

Monday, November 10, 2008 3:32 PM