none
Welcome message not visibile in Webchat,but work in Emulator RRS feed

• Question

• IConversationUpdateActivity update = message;
                using (var scope = Microsoft.Bot.Builder.Dialogs.Internals.DialogModule.BeginLifetimeScope(Conversation.Container, message))
                {
                    var client = scope.Resolve<IConnectorClient>();
                    if (update.MembersAdded.Any())
                    {
                        foreach (var newMember in update.MembersAdded)
                        {
                            if (newMember.Id != message.Recipient.Id)
                            {
                                var reply = message.CreateReply();
                                reply.Text = $"Welcome {newMember.Name}!";
                                client.Conversations.ReplyToActivityAsync(reply);
                            }
                        }
                    }
                } <br />

I'm new to ChatBot development using Microsoft BotFramework.

I have register and deployed a simple bot that was working fine with emulator (i.e bot says welcome to my simple bot),but when i used WebChat no welcome greeting was displayed,instead when user type Hi or any text after that the greeting message is displayed. 
    had gone to various tutorial and solution but not getting the exact cause. i'm using Microsoft.Bot.Builder v3.12
    • Moved by Fei Hu Monday, December 11, 2017 10:56 AM from C#
    Thursday, December 7, 2017 9:31 AM

All replies

• Hello ,

I am not familiar with the bot framework, you could get more professional support from here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/bot-framework/resources-links-help

The Visual C# discuss and ask the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples and tools. If you have some grammar or code errors, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

Best Regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 8, 2017 6:45 AM