none
Mulri Line text fields - Issue pulling the data from Azure to a Database using OData source connection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've a use case where I'm trying to pull data from Azure and load that data into a SQL server Database to support reporting needs.

In this process. I'm able to achieve what I wanted other than the issue I'm facing to pull Multi line text fields(HTML from work items collection which holds all the Feature, PBI, Tasks etc.). The problem I'm facing with the OData Source connection is , from the Azure Source I'm not able to see Multi line text fields at all for me to map it to Target Tables.

Is there a way that I can pull all the data as a whole  from work items collection using REST API or some other option to resolve my issue. Basically I want to pull multi line text fields too along with all other fields or at least the multiline text fields for example like Risk, Impediments, Description etc.

One option I looked into is, from the Azure app itself, from queries, I thought If I could achieve this using a query and then schedule that query to run and send an excel report to a shared location where I  can pick it up and use it in my ETL process , It did not help because the only export options I could see is Email Query, Export to CSV and copy URL only(with a active limit of 90 days). None of these seems like I can automate them and use it the way I wanted.

Please share your inputs. Thank you

Friday, November 15, 2019 8:13 PM

Answers

All replies