Window Active Directory permission issue on CRM installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am very new to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. I am facing a problem in installing Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.

i am using Windows 2008 server OS with domain and active directory. My machine is on my company's domain and I do not have read, write permission to Active Directory.

While installing I am getting following error:

The following permissions are required for organizational unit and all child objects: read, write, modify permissions, create child objects, all extended rights. Current user does not have these permissions for the Active Directory Organizational Unit: DC=ind,DC=xyzcompany,DC=com.

It seems to me that I have to have read, write permission to the active directory to install CRM. 

My question to you, is there any way I can install CRM in my machine considering the fact that I do not have read, write permission to my company's active directory ?

Please advice. Thank you in advance.

Arindam

Monday, February 21, 2011 7:33 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Arindam,

You need the read, write, modify permissions to the Organizational Unit which you have selected to Install the CRM 4.0

To provide the permissions in Active Directory

1. Go to Start->Run->dsa.msc it will take you to the Active Directory Users and Computers Snap-in

2. Right Click the Organizational Unit which you have created for CRM 4.0

3. Click on Delegate Control->Next->Click on Add(Select the User which you are using to install the CRM setup)->Next->Select Create a custom task to delegate->Select first option(This folder, existing objects in this folder, and create of new.......)->There you need to give the permissions.

4. If you want to give full control then select Full Control then Finish.

5. Log off the User in from CRM4.0 server again login and install the CRM 4.0 Server.

Khaja Mohiddin
    Monday, February 21, 2011 11:56 AM
  • You will need an administrator of your domain to setup your AD groups for CRM for you if you are not going to use a user that has permission for this during the install process.

Here is an artcle on installed CRM with minimum permissions http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946677

MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    Check out the CRM 4 to CRM 2011 JavaScript Converter Tool
    CRM Forum Guidance on how to Help Us Help You
    Monday, February 21, 2011 12:03 PM
  • Thank you Rhett. It worked. Basically that was a permission issue as you rightly mention.
    Friday, December 9, 2011 7:44 AM
  • Thank you Rhett. It worked. Basically that was a permission issue as you rightly mentioned.
    Friday, December 9, 2011 7:44 AM