none
SyncToyCmd Exit Codes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I was wondering if there was a list and/or explanation of the exit codes for SyncToyCmd.exe. I am running it from Tasks and would like to know some more detailed information on how it ran. 

Thanks
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 6:56 PM

Answers

• SyncToy 2.1 made improvement for this exit code, in case of files being skipped, SyncToyCmd.exe will return an error code of 2 to indicate a successful sync  with some skipped changes.

Exit code 0 means there is no error and sync succeed.
    Exit code Non0/Non2, means there are errors with your sync.

Thanks,
    Ping

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, November 27, 2009 9:08 AM

All replies

• Do you mean you want this, 

Usage:     SyncToyCmd [-args]
    All arguments are optional.
       -R           Run all folder pairs that are marked as Active for Run All.
       -R <name>    Run the named folder pair (only one folder pair can be specified
    ).
       -?           Display this help.

Examples:
       SyncToyCmd -R MyFolderPair
       SyncToyCmd -R
    but if you want the source code, I am afraid currently there is no open sources of it.

Thanks Ping This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:21 AM
  • Dear Ping,

He does not mean EITHER command line arguments, or source code. What he is looking for is exactly what I am looking for - a list and explanation of SyncToy 2.0 EXIT CODES!

When using Task Scheduler in XP to schedule SyncToy, as described in SyncToy help "Learn How to Schedule SyncToy" on some computers, when the scheduled task is executed, it fails to do anything useful. The Task Scheduler log reveals the following:

"SyncToyCmd.job" (SyncToyCmd.exe)
        Finished 5/21/2009 4:51:38 PM
        Result: The task completed with an exit code of (1).

BEHOLD: exit code of (1)!!

Please tell us what this means.

Seriously - you Microsofties need to start either documenting all of your obscure error codes online, where they can be indexed by a useful search engine (Google), or else write your apps to fail with some useful error messages.

One note - this behavior does not happen on all PCs, and on the most recent one where this occurred for me, it was running XP Home.

WORK AROUND: Create a batch script to invoke SyncToyCmd.exe -R, and then schedule that script, rather than SyncToyCmd directly. That works fine on the XP Home machine I tried it on.

Regards,
    David Maloney
    Rapid Business Systems
    Denver, CO, US
    www.rapidbizsys.com
    • Proposed as answer by Ping Lu Friday, November 27, 2009 9:07 AM
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 11:10 PM
  • SyncToy 2.1 made improvement for this exit code, in case of files being skipped, SyncToyCmd.exe will return an error code of 2 to indicate a successful sync  with some skipped changes.

Exit code 0 means there is no error and sync succeed.
    Exit code Non0/Non2, means there are errors with your sync.

Thanks,
    Ping

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, November 27, 2009 9:08 AM
  • Exactly what I was looking for, thanks.
    Monday, August 17, 2015 9:27 AM