Office Home & Student 2007 UPGRADE to 2010 product key PROBLEM RRS feed

• Question

• Recently, I just purchased a brand new Office 2007 Home and Student version for Singapore $228 from a retailer a PC SHOW on the 10th of June. This means that I am entitled to an upgrade to Office 2010 Home and student version. However, I have not been able to install the Office 2010 upgrade as the installer claims that "This is not a Valid Office Product. See above examples to learn more."

This problem also happened when I tried key in the same product key to upgrade the Office 2007 TRIAL. But I was able to fix this problem by reinstalling the Office 2007 from the DVD provided.

I have validated my Office 2007 and I assume that the product that I have purchased is original. However, I find it odd that my product key is "not a valid office product". I am begginging to doubt if my Office 2007 is real and I would like to make sure it is before I confront the retailer. Please do advise me on this matter.

• Moved by Darin Smith MS Friday, June 18, 2010 6:57 PM Office issue moved to Office forum (From:Windows Vista Validation Issues (Windows Vista))
    Friday, June 18, 2010 6:29 PM

Answers