none
Viewing new posts

Question

• Hi folks, 

In the old forums there used to be a link allowing one to view all the latest un-answered posts.  I used to browse through this from time to time and try and answer any that I could, or if it was a curley one, use it to do a bit of R&D learning for myself.

I notice in the new forums this link no longer exists. Instead it seems one is expected to click on one of several hundred red question marks in order to help people.

Is there any reason why from a userbility perspective, helping people has been made more difficult than it should be?  Or, am I missing some piece of funtionality that everyone else knows about except me?

Andy 
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 9:10 PM

Answers

• Good point. We're looking at improvements across the board at the question answering workflow (as well as how questions are asked, the two are tied together). This is definitely something we'll be looking at.

Thanks,
    -Andrew

Forums Product Planner, Andrew.Brenner at Microsoft.com
    • Marked as answer by AndyW2007 Tuesday, December 16, 2008 3:48 AM
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 6:14 AM

All replies

• Within a forum, you can filter to a list of unanswered questions in the filter bar.
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 11:05 PM
  • Good point. We're looking at improvements across the board at the question answering workflow (as well as how questions are asked, the two are tied together). This is definitely something we'll be looking at.

Thanks,
    -Andrew

Forums Product Planner, Andrew.Brenner at Microsoft.com
    • Marked as answer by AndyW2007 Tuesday, December 16, 2008 3:48 AM
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 6:14 AM