The save function in Timesheet (PS2007) is not always working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an strange issue.

I fill in the timesheet everyday and usually use the save button to save the progress of the timesheet without submit. But I found it was not always working. From time to time, the timesheet hours I input and saved were gone. But once I submitted the hours, they will never be disappeared anymore.

Does anyone encounter the similar issue? Is there any way to solve that?

Thanks

Rock

Monday, January 31, 2011 11:13 AM

Answers

• Hello Rock.

It sounds like a timing issue or network hickup.

Look in your Windows Events log, ULS logs and SQL logs for additional information.  Sometime you need to turn on SQL profiling and see if any error messages are caught there when you perform the action.

Also, remember that everything is put into a queue before execution.  I assume this occurs for this too, so when this occurs wait 15 minutes and see when you do a refresh if it appears.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Monday, January 31, 2011 3:12 PM

All replies

• Hello Rock.

It sounds like a timing issue or network hickup.

Look in your Windows Events log, ULS logs and SQL logs for additional information.  Sometime you need to turn on SQL profiling and see if any error messages are caught there when you perform the action.

Also, remember that everything is put into a queue before execution.  I assume this occurs for this too, so when this occurs wait 15 minutes and see when you do a refresh if it appears.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Monday, January 31, 2011 3:12 PM
  • Rock:

What version are you using and what is your sevice pack/patch level?

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 9:08 PM