Please help; RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Will someone provide me an e-mail address and or a phone number for tech. suppport. 

I purchased Live Onecare today and was instructed to close the browser and click the install wizard,  I closed the browser as instructed but, no wizard to be found.  That's bad enough but it gets worse.  I have looked every place to find a contact number or address for help but, no luck.

When I try to follow the help path, I click on Live Onecard and it takes me to MSN.com.  Yes I tried maybe 6 to 8 times and the same results each time.  Can't even find a user group to ask for help.  If Onecare doesn't work much, much better than the so-called help, I need to cancel now.

Please advise.

George

Sunday, November 16, 2008 12:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello George, go to - http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/3/subscribers/addcomputer.htm ,sign in using the Live ID and password used to purchase One Care and follow the instructions to install and activate One Care. If you need additional help you can ask here or you can contact support. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Sunday, November 16, 2008 3:31 AM
  • Hi Jim,

I followed your suggestions and was led to a site to reinstall or add to second computer, no help to me.  I tried to follow your suggestion for help and as you should know by now only takes you to an endless loop.

Please understand, I purchased a subscription for $49.45 just yesturday and have not been able to download or install.  So, I don't have an ID to start an email support.  I  need to be able to download and install the program.

I have used Microsoft programs for many years and this is the first time I have been unable to contact a live person.  Are yo having so much trouble withg this product that you can't keep up with phone traffic?  And why would you set-up a web site that takes you in a loop. Microsoft has had many years to get their web sites right.

If I can't get the product I must cancel my subscription and reinstall McAfee.  Please tr to be specific as how to download and install.  The two links you offerede earlier are useless.

This Live Onecare "Help and Support"  is by far the worst site on the web.

Regards, George

Sunday, November 16, 2008 7:22 PM
  • Hello George, you can use the reinstall link or add a second computer link to install One Care and it will not affect the number of computers allowed on your subscription. I agree the support flow is not intuitive but it should get better. If the e-mail address in your profile is correct you should find a solution in your inbox.

Sunday, November 16, 2008 7:55 PM
  • Same exact problem here. I'm totally confused about how/why this install failed. In fact I think I've paid twice now because I figured I could rectify it later and needed immediate coverage. What the *** is this garbage?

Is there anyone who can help?

Sunday, November 16, 2008 9:33 PM
  • Jim, I have tried both links.   If the sites worked, I would not be bothering you.  Please understand, these links do not work. 

Why are we not allowed to speak to Tech support????????????????????

Regards, George

Monday, November 17, 2008 12:04 AM
  • Download the trial from http://onecare.live.com and activate/subscribe with the LiveID you used to purchase your subscription.

As for reaching support, the process basically is meant to insure that only paid subscribers have access to phone or chat support options. The process is flawed, however, in that people in your predicament cannot access their support options.

Unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste this link:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=4133245&SiteID=2

I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

-steve

Monday, November 17, 2008 2:14 PM
  •  ChrisPine wrote:

Same exact problem here. I'm totally confused about how/why this install failed. In fact I think I've paid twice now because I figured I could rectify it later and needed immediate coverage. What the *** is this garbage?

Is there anyone who can help?

Since you paid twice, you absolutely will want to cancel one of the purchases by contacting support. See my other reply for an alternative to getting support and how to install OneCare and activate it with your subscription LiveID.

-steve

Monday, November 17, 2008 2:17 PM
  • Hi Chris,

This worked for me, try it.

Go to Onecare home page, download and install the "free trial".  Sign in using the same ID you used when you purchased you subscription.  Your computer will recognize your paid subscription.  Good luck to you.

Monday, November 17, 2008 8:02 PM